Badlands Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild Regen

Go down 
+2
skullchild
Morgoth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Morgoth

Morgoth

Guild Regen Empty
PostSubject: Guild Regen   Guild Regen EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 9:06 am

Hi friends, I didn't join a guild until the other day because I finally found out how disadvantaged unfactioned players are, but I also found out that 18 regen per round exists - Ah that explains partially why everyone runs forever and somehow had regen on all their gear as well as spot and disc - I was mistaken, just guild regen!

I understand it's a handy bonus for levelling, but it really has no practical or fun use for PVP, it simply encourages running forever. Perhaps a nerf or some way to code it to only exist if you've taken no player damage in X time, I don't really know what you can and cannot code here.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
skullchild

Guild Regen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Regen   Guild Regen EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 5:32 pm

It would be possible to remove it for level 40s
Back to top Go down
Morgoth

Morgoth

Guild Regen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Regen   Guild Regen EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 8:02 pm

skullchild wrote:
It would be possible to remove it for level 40s

Aye, I thought about that too, one thing there is that some of the endgame content could do with the regen, but if you don't have a cleric for those areas then youre cooked anyway.

So I'd be down for disabling at 40, it also makes having regen per round at 40 costs something because it'd have to be on your gear
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

Guild Regen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Regen   Guild Regen EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 9:58 pm

The regen exists for 2 main reasons. The first one is gold inflation is through the roof. Like so bad that I've considered deleting all gold and setting each account to 10 mil only.

Players don't see the numbers, but the server currently has a total quantity of gold stored across everything to beat the annual income of the United States of America 127 times over. It's so huge multiple players exceeded the 32 bit limit(4.2 billion). Most of this has run rampant and uncontrolled from new maps.

Second reason has to do with the idea of play I wanted to create. Things are much more interesting when a battle isn't decided when a guy rolls 2 20's in a row and instantly wins and there was no actual skill involved. Sure he hit fairly, but there is a reason why we don't see people bitching when 20's do happen(unless they got kded and died instantly). The regen means they can come back from those brutal random moments.

Absolution isn't good for PvP anymore than tedium. You can only instantly kill your opponent so many times in a row before they just stop playing when you're around... In any game(even chess).
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

Guild Regen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Regen   Guild Regen EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 10:45 pm

Intuitively you'd think people run because they have good regen, and you'd be right. But there are also people who run just because that's the way they play. On servers that didn't have regen those same people still ran in pvp, regardless of having free +20 regen. Most people who run because they're banking on the fact that regen will save them, will ultimately die if you just cut them off or use throwing weapons. Also, damage on this server is so high that I feel like regen does help a little bit to ameliorate that.
Back to top Go down
keeper

Guild Regen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Regen   Guild Regen EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 10:51 pm

Think about low ac builds . Lots of them can be built here but no regen is fast death in most cases . When I returned full time two years ago I was taken back by some of the changes . But after the last year I see the changes as the only way this game can keep up with the player skills and fun . Take it all away is what Morgoth seems to want . Well think on this . Its called variety . So many servers limited and restricted so many things over the years, its refreshing to be able to explore the limits and make toons that require so many different things to work right . Highv has been fine tuning this server for some time and sure someone gets butthurt every now and then and I have had to rebuild several toons because of it but it keeps it fun . And I have to pay a lot of gold every week to keep my guild level up there . Which means lots of farming and time I spent to do that . Years of time spent to get the xp and gold I have banked . Its not cheap and I would be upset if regen was nerfed after all I have invested to keep the outlawz guild level up as should any other serious guild player . Take it away u might as well take away guilds and all that comes with them . We went years without guilds halls because people thought it messed up pvp . The same people that still only get on once in a while and complain .
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

Guild Regen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Regen   Guild Regen EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 10:39 am

I agree with disabling Regen at 50, you can get around 50 Regen a round if you dedicate your gear etc too it, maybe atleast lowering the amount of Regen and seeing how that goes would be worth a shot (probably just make people run even longer lol)

And to say take guild Regen away and you might aswell take all the guild system away is just crazy! Talking as if there was no functional guild system before the Regen stuff was implemented lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Regen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Regen   Guild Regen Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Regen
Page 1 of 1