Badlands Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

unarmed disarm stealing

Go down 
+4
Spaceman87
lolthatguy
Highv Priest
Max_Damage
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Max_Damage

unarmed disarm stealing Empty
PostSubject: unarmed disarm stealing   unarmed disarm stealing EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 2:21 pm

I ve been robbed twice during POB ffa. Why is it a thing? I think i m just going to leave the server altogether. I wasted my real life time to get the gear and now some faggot steals it from me for free twice while i was trying to get some sort of resemblance of nwn pvp for the first time in years. I think there is only one reason for stealing to exist. Its to grief people. GJ you are successful.
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: unarmed disarm stealing   unarmed disarm stealing EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 4:26 pm

It's a thing, because it's always been something that exists. It's the same reason pick pocket still exists.

Major game modifications like those have to be agreed upon by the majority of players to fully remove.
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

PostSubject: Re: unarmed disarm stealing   unarmed disarm stealing EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 7:27 pm

if someone's disarming you in pvp you can always just bring something that doesn't use a valuable weapon, use something to deter them from playing a disarmer if at all possible. just make their existence worse than they're making yours. this is basically the mentality that most people have when dealing with disarm, at least it's the case for ppl that don't quit the server.

Perhaps we could add in something like a switch, if someone turns on the unarmed disarm switch on their account they can have their weapons disarmed until end of reset, and they can also disarm other people who have the switch on.
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: unarmed disarm stealing   unarmed disarm stealing EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Might just be better to give people a 2nd chance freebie. This way people aren't surprised when it weapon steals.

It fires and says "Weapon saved, next unarmed disarm will rob the weapon". I can make it character based so if people are really paranoid they log another character.

I think personally that alone would be enough for me to not get pissed off about it next time I'm disarmed because Hexis is mording me and keeping me in Darkness anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
Spaceman87

Spaceman87

PostSubject: Re: unarmed disarm stealing   unarmed disarm stealing EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 10:31 pm

I like the warning idea, if it protected you from weapon steal for perhaps 1 turn after the warning, give you time to leave or i guess just log something else
Back to top Go down
Spaceman87

Spaceman87

PostSubject: Re: unarmed disarm stealing   unarmed disarm stealing EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 10:32 pm

I totally get where you are coming from, some weapons and things require a lot of time and effort to acquire and its not nice for a trash build to just take that stuff
Back to top Go down
skullchild

PostSubject: Re: unarmed disarm stealing   unarmed disarm stealing EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 12:24 am

Unarmed disarm adds nothing positive to the server, I would vote prevent it from stealing the wep or disable re-equipping a wep for 1 or 2 rounds or some other penalty that isn't so noxious.
PP is also a similar mechanic that just leads to a lot of grief with little reward and takes little skill to perform and I wouldn't be sad to see it disabled either..
Back to top Go down
Morgoth

Morgoth

PostSubject: Re: unarmed disarm stealing   unarmed disarm stealing EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 8:05 pm

I'd be down for some kind of solution, perhaps a grace warning or switch,

this server is too low pop already to have people quitting over something thats understandably unfair at least the first time it catches you
Back to top Go down
xomatosis

xomatosis

PostSubject: Re: unarmed disarm stealing   unarmed disarm stealing EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 12:14 am

+1

skullchild wrote:
Unarmed disarm adds nothing positive to the server, I would vote prevent it from stealing the wep or disable re-equipping a wep for 1 or 2 rounds or some other penalty that isn't so noxious.
PP is also a similar mechanic that just leads to a lot of grief with little reward  and takes little skill to perform  and I wouldn't be sad to see it disabled either..
Back to top Go down
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

PostSubject: Re: unarmed disarm stealing   unarmed disarm stealing EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 11:00 am

People who steal weapons in pvp could also have their character or account tagged, so that when they die they get deleveled one level. That way there could be some added risk with the reward.
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

PostSubject: Re: unarmed disarm stealing   unarmed disarm stealing EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 10:45 am

Wtf! No! Disarming is and always will be a badlands tradition don’t you dex homosapiens try and change that! Sad

Seriously though, get ur disc up lil homies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unarmed disarm stealing   unarmed disarm stealing Empty

Back to top Go down

unarmed disarm stealing
Page 1 of 1