Badlands Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unarmed disarm

Go down 
+5
InjecterX
lolthatguy
Wakko
Cory|01
skullchild
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should unarmed disarm return weapons to the victims inventory?
Yes
Unarmed disarm Vote_lcap70%Unarmed disarm Vote_rcap
 70% [ 7 ]
No
Unarmed disarm Vote_lcap30%Unarmed disarm Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
skullchild

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 9:17 pm

Successful unarmed disarm attempts currently place the victims weapon in the attackers inventory.

This is unlike disarm attempts with all other weapons, where the weapon goes into the victims inventory.

The above has always been a Badlands tradition.

Unfortunately with the server in its current form, this has already lead to a number of conflicts between players on the server and can be seen as detrimental in fostering good relations between players + expanding player base.

I therefore propose that unarmed disarm changes to place the disarmed weapon into the victims inventory. This change can be reverted in the future if need be.

The above poll is to demonstrate numbers for/against the above change.
Back to top Go down
Cory|01

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 10:42 pm

I never liked disarms ability to steal weapons on BL. However, the argument could be made that it is a balancing force that keeps people from using powerful small sized weapons without risk, or otherwise skimping on a bit of disc in order to maximize other stats. Not that this justifies BLs tradition of weapon stealing, but everyone should at least recognize that its part of the game and adapt accordingly.

Back to top Go down
skullchild

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 11:59 pm

Disarm would remain a counter to small weapons- unequips the weapon/quickslot, slows the target + reduces either ab/damage (not sure which with the latest change)
Disarm + knockdown would remain counters to those skimping on discipline.
Back to top Go down
Cory|01

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 12:59 pm

I'm not sure about the movespeed thing for disarm. We already have knockdown to stop targets from moving away. I feel like if it was real life me getting my weapon disarmed, I'd be able to run faster without it as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skullchild

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 1:07 pm

It's meant to represent a player bending down to pick up his disarmed weapon, which would slow him.
Back to top Go down

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: lol   Unarmed disarm EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 1:15 pm

bunch of fucking cry baby's i'm gonna ramp it up a notch now and take your weapons all day
Back to top Go down
Wakko

Wakko

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Omnifarious wrote:
bunch of fucking cry baby's i'm gonna ramp it up a notch now and take your weapons all day

^This is the reason why it shouldn't remain as is. Doesn't bother me personally as I'd just log a mage with no weapon and laugh at him though probably don't even need to the retarded auto following mong that he is Laughing . It's detrimental to the overall health of the server though as some players get bent out of shape over losing a weapon and quit. Back in the day when NWN had a decent turnover of new players I'd say whatever, let them quit, but in it's current state it's no good leaving silly mechanics around that general favor griefer/shitty types of players.

Litterally the only time I've seen fister disarmers used is when shitheads get buthurt from losing pvp, and think it's some kind of victory stealing a weapon. Stay mad bad and sad omni flower
Back to top Go down
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 2:18 am

I personally don't care very much if unarmed disarm steals weapons, 99.99% of disarmer builds are terrible and pretty much fodder in pvp ((And that's the way it should be, as a side note Omni if you make a str based monk disarmer with dev crit, expect to have terrible stats and die often.)), thus there's things you can do to easily counter disarmers if at least one or even more log against you or your party. It's always been a thing on badlands too and I feel as though it should stay even though I'm not a fan of it and I don't use disarm. Badlands has always been sort've like the 'wild west' of servers in terms of these kinds of things.

There's also the fact that I rather enjoy killing gimped unarmed disarmers Basketball bounce Basketball bounce Basketball bounce Basketball bounce
Back to top Go down

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: wakko lol   Unarmed disarm EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 5:28 am

wakko i dont consider a 3v1 gangbang as me losing in pvp i only bring out my disarmer when the whole server decide's to come at me for no reason, it seem's to work like a charm too take this post for example you're all so butt hurt that you decided to cry to the dm about it so he can make it noob friendly for you lol your pathetic if you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen how does it feel to cry about a 55 ac str based monk i could remake it for way better ac so that you cant even touch it stop crying about a joke build that can easily be countered
Back to top Go down

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: lol    Unarmed disarm EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 5:29 am

as far as i know i'm the only person on the server who uses an unarmed disarmer build so this post is pretty much directed toward's me in ever way
Back to top Go down

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: lol   Unarmed disarm EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:26 am

server's officially dead anyway due to the lack of giving a shit about other people's input
Back to top Go down
InjecterX

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 10:35 am

Omnifarious wrote:
server's officially dead anyway due to the lack of giving a shit about other people's input

Actually it isn't. But if it were to be, the games 14 years old, almost 15. You think it would last forever with 40 people?
Back to top Go down
Wakko

Wakko

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 3:31 pm

Omnifarious wrote:
wakko i dont consider a 3v1 gangbang as me losing in pvp i only bring out my disarmer when the whole server decide's to come at me for no reason, it seem's to work like a charm too take this post for example you're all so butt hurt that you decided to cry to the dm about it so he can make it noob friendly for you lol your pathetic if you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen how does it feel to cry about a 55 ac str based monk i could remake it for way better ac so that you cant even touch it stop crying about a joke build that can easily be countered

Don't remember any recent 3v1 as I dont play that often anymore, you get gangbanged by everyone because you are an assgoblin with everybody. Hence why nobody likes you. Works a charm doing what exactly? Works at doing what I stated in my other post pissing a few people off and potentially driving people away from playing.

Yes I totally cried to a dm about this and didn't just reply to a random topic Surprised whatever helps you sleep at night in your warped little world. Have killed your fist dev crit of doom and destruction monk more than a few times build doesn't bother me at all and personally losing weapons isn't that big of a deal to me, it is to others though who don't have a lot of amulets.

Also learn to edit posts moron, intsead of quad posting your drivel in every thread ever. sunny farao flower
Back to top Go down
Spaceman87

Spaceman87

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:12 pm

It's not good for activity or pvp, major setback.

If you want to keep it in some form;

Perhaps a once per reset toggle option- if you choose on, any toon in your account can have its weapon stolen, and likewise, you can steal weapons, but only from those who have the setting on.
(And in that case, you could even make armed disarm weapon steal, a consentual risk that you can only turn on, then stuck on till reset)

THIS way, people will turn it on when they want the thrill of the risk, and the pleasure of killing such a toon, or to be a weapon taker themselves. And the rest of the world can relax and not have to put up with this nonsense Smile
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:37 pm

I think I may add it as a crafting property(Cannot be stolen) or some such. If you're ok sacrificing a weapon property for it, then that works.
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
skullchild

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 4:03 am

Spaceman87 wrote:

Perhaps a once per reset toggle option- if you choose on, any toon in your account can have its weapon stolen, and likewise, you can steal weapons, but only from those who have the setting on.
(And in that case, you could even make armed disarm weapon steal, a consentual risk that you can only turn on, then stuck on till reset)

I like this idea if unarmed disarm is to be kept.

I would add the following caveat:

Toggle from no-disarm to disarm- setting changes during current reset.
Toggle from disarm to no-disarm- setting changes during next reset.

This would be to prevent someone going into pvp- disarming, then toggling disarm off to avoid retaliation.

I would also consider linking the setting to the IP to prevent getting around the above by having multiple accounts.
Back to top Go down

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: lol   Unarmed disarm EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 12:22 am

oh god what is it this time you know what.. i dont even care about being banned this time best of luck with your server i literally wasnt even on the server when i got banned and to tell you the truth there's nothing left to do there ban it up 1 less player that play's there you could humor me an explanation at least though i dropped in a few time's today just to check if people were online and when i checked there was nobody on so w/e i'm not sure how somebody could get banned without even being on the server lol must of been something i said on the forum or maybe you just need somebody to blame for how bad your server is now
Back to top Go down
skullchild

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 3:47 am

Omnifarious wrote:
oh god what is it this time you know what.. i dont even care about being banned this time best of luck with your server i literally wasnt even on the server when i got banned and to tell you the truth there's nothing left to do there ban it up 1 less player that play's there you could humor me an explanation at least though i dropped in a few time's today just to check if people were online and when i checked there was nobody on so w/e i'm not sure how somebody could get banned without even being on the server lol must of been something i said on the forum or maybe you just need somebody to blame for how bad your server is now

I don't know why you were banned, but your post doesn't relate to this topic.

I would guess that whatever got you banned the first time, occurred again- perhaps as a result of HighV's system restore.

Instead of jumping to accusations and criticizing the host (who is the only person willing/able to unban you) it may help your situation more (if you want to get back on the server) by creating a separate topic stating something along the lines of:

I have been banned and I don't know why. If this is a mistake, please unban me. If this was intentional, please let me know why so that I can change my behavior as I would like to return to the server.
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:32 am

A system restore doesn't normally change any files that are outside the main system, so it would be odd to think that it did that, but it does appear the whole LoTR folder got re-arranged around so it definitely does effect some things in nwn apparently. Anyway... I'm actually bored of Omni now so I'm uninterested in lifting the server's ban. He magically managed to go out of his way to do absolutely everything wrong. Almost like the entire point was to spend every waking moment coming up with something else really, really stupid(and offensive) to do.

I sentence inserted into here imagine sentence inserted into here Omni sentence inserted into here will not even read sentence inserted into here the paragraph above sentence inserted into here and will go into a massive hate rant sentenced inserted into here about how bad this server is sentence inserted into here and how stupid highv is sentence inserted into here and get himself banned sentence inserted into here from the forums as well.
Back to top Go down

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: lol   Unarmed disarm EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 3:37 pm

good like i said i don't really care i'm tired of your little game's you banned me like 5 time's for no reason what you expect me to do thank you for fixing the problem you created in the first place, also with the way that you acted about getting disarmed was a little bull shit i like how you got so angry and started talking shit when there was a situation that was out of you're control (talking about disarming you while hexis dispelled you) yet you cant sympathize for me when that shit happen's to me every time i play there, i guess it's okay when it happen's to me but when it happen's to you then you start running you're mouth but whatever it's all said and done this is prolly gonna be my final post on this forum so i might as well make it count, High v you're the worst most unknowledgeable neverwinter night's player that i have ever come across in 8 year's of playing and it show's with the way you have your server set up all you know how to do is script in toolset if your knowledge of nwn matched your scripting ability then maybe i would give a shit about getting banned but you cant seem to make one fix that actually does something useful your a ignorance is only matched by your laziness you essentially turned badland's into a scroll tanking 1 rolling system while removing all of the spell's that determined skill in the game and you even managed to completely unbalance ab to ac ration as well as discipline and fortitude your crafting system reflect's how un experienced you are and just so you know i never had any respect for you as a developer all you did was copy paste the real badland's from the nwnvault and change it to the need's of noob player's who dont know how to pvp without restriction's on every single spell in the game, nobody want's to play you're healkitting, scroll tanking, unbalanced ab to ac ratio server, and if that's not bad enough there's literally nothing to do when you're level 40 the bosse's suck your custom item's suck and you suck i really hope you continue down this road so i can eventually watch everybody leave your trash rip off of badlands
Back to top Go down

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: your not even human   Unarmed disarm EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:14 pm

i dont think i can even look at you as human you're way of thinking is so flawed that you need medication it's truly astounding how stupid you really are you must be some kind of retarded alien or robot that cant understand basic thought, you're literally programmed to be an idiot and you cant even see it go get help i bet you're one of those people who go on facebook and post rainbow picture's your a fucking alien and the time will come when all of you like minded retard zombie's will be eradicated like the jew's once again you're not even human i wouldn't even feel bad for killing you
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 9:41 pm

I'll keep this around for a few days before deleting it as well. This kind of.crap is why.I slowly stop playing and then disappear for a month or so. If you want progress on the server then how about reminding me why I play it on my one day off and don't make me regret logging in. With Omni around I can safely say it was inevitable I would leave again and for this I can say I will not miss you.
Back to top Go down
Cory|01

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:13 pm

So long and thanks for all the fish.
Back to top Go down
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:34 am

ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao ayylmao

Basketball bounce Basketball bounce Basketball bounce Basketball

omni the young god I warned you not to go too far with this, but it seems as though you can't help but be mad/bad/sad D: you will be missed by me at least, you were a good meme. only when you were mad th0 ;^)
Back to top Go down
Wakko

Wakko

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 4:11 am

Goodbye Omni you will be missed friend, your badness and rage was very entertaining I will miss it very much afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unarmed disarm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unarmed disarm   Unarmed disarm Empty

Back to top Go down

Unarmed disarm
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next