Badlands Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1-40 content

Go down 
+2
lolthatguy
Brayden97
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Brayden97

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 1:56 pm

the 1-40 content is lame and not really attractive to new players, it's so basic and boring with nothing too it, it's the first part of the server new players experience and it isn't impressive, more bosses in leveling areas would be a step in the right direction, like a mini drow boss before the mage and the 80 dc dev machine, maybe a drueger boss in the mines.

also u can level 2 40 in like 4 areas, that is so lame and un creative, no wonder the server is in the state it's in no one cares and no one is taking it serious. Tainted sands > druegers > drows > azers. I say a max of 5 levels in one area... theres so many places in the server not being used, the content in the server is not being used right pls do something so things aren't so boring

I was thinking an achievement based system similar to xbox/ps4/wow where you get some kind of reward for little feats completed around the server PVE AND PVP like, defeat the boss in dozo ruins or beat someone in the arena, kill atleast one member in every guild. some that are account bound like reach 100 total account player kills and ones that you can achieve on every character like reach 100 total playerkills with one character, everytime an achievement is earned it is followed by a shout 'Bee has just earned an achievement for killing a total of 1000 hostile npc's' followed by how much achievement points that said achievement has awarded and total achievement points for the character AND account. I really think this is a cool idea, I don't think theres a system like it in nwn and I think it would make players want to go out and play all the content to get achievement points maybe... have like a item in every players inventory on creation with a list of achievements they can go out and play for.. idk just something new would be fun

add a loot system with chances of rare good gear dropping

a quest line that will take players from dozo through Newport too underdark, more npc interaction in general

a way to get tournament ammys WITHOUT a fkn pvp tournament (maybe with achievement points???????? lol)

a warning when u enter all the armorys/crafting areas that says, CAREFUL IF U TRY 2 SPEND MONEY U DONT HAVE ON CRAFTING AN ITEM, THESE MOTHERFUCKERS ARE GONNA TAKE UR ITEM

get rid of tainted sands altogether, the fact you can level from 1-15 naked against npc's that do 1 dmg is a fucking joke and disgrace, again no wonder the server is in the state that it's in lol

Last edited by Brayden97 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 1:58 pm

why the fk is it so easy for a melee and any type of build to go from 1-40 but you need a fkn caster or a trapper for any pve after 40 lol

BALANCE lol!
Back to top Go down
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 10:22 pm

I've been thinking of adding an NPC that gives out the location of various bosses or at least gives an approximation of where they are, he'll also sell books that give hints on how to kill bosses. Killing certain bosses or mini bosses will net the player exp and gold, but you can only kill that particular mob once, in the case of mini bosses. If a certain number of bosses are killed, the player can receive a gold amulet, though the threshold would probably have to be pretty high.. maybe 8-10 bosses.

Also tainted sands is 1-10 lvling and has been for a while. The 1-15 thing was an error. You can try and attribute the servers decline to whatever you want but at the end of the day it lies solely with players lack of confidence in the servers ability to get back to how it 'used to be', IE when things functioned as they were intended. We've reiterated this perhaps several hundred times. Highv works a full time job and doesn't feel obligated to put in countless hours of work to fix fuck ups that were made by NWN EE's release. I don't expect him to fix that stuff in a timely manner, or even at all. If it gets implemented in five years I'd be fine with that. Players aren't outraged with the fact that they can level to 10 in 10 minutes. They're disappointed that a significant portion of their characters don't work anymore, when they 'should'. I'd say 50% of badlands player base doesn't give a shit about leveling, or even PVE for that matter. MOST of the old school badlands players play because of PVP. There is no thrill in killing a boss with 50 stacked traps, other than getting an item which will help them to pvp better. That's where the motivation comes from, and that's where it'll always reside.

Unfortunately I've little interest in creating a quest line from dozo to UD, at this time. The achievement for killing bosses and alternatives for gold amulets is something I have been thinking of implementing for a while though, if highv allows it. I'm sure he'd be alright with the achievements but maybe not the gold amulets.
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 6:25 am

again with the narrow minded and know it all thinking.

people like you deffs why the server is in the state it is in today, making the server more pve oriented will help heaps and it can and will compliment the pvp side of things, I've seen a lot of pve players come to pvp servers and start pvping... you don't see the potential of what pve can bring to the server more and new players is just one thing

and yeah yeah we all have full time jobs and still make time for things we're interested in, highv just genuinely doesn't seem interested in nwn or badlands anymore. he didn't before EE and he didn't after EE
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 6:34 am

Brayden97 wrote:

and yeah yeah we all have full time jobs and still make time for things we're interested in, highv just genuinely doesn't seem interested in nwn or badlands anymore. he didn't before EE and he didn't after EE

"Before EE" was when they were coming up with an entirely new version of neverwinter nights which made me decide to ultimately put things to the side until I saw how things panned out, because doing anything would just be more work. Before -that- point I was still logging in on the regular as a DM and I was still actively developing things.

"After EE" I actually jumped on it super fast, but I ran into BRICK WALL, then BRICK WALL, then BRICK WALL, then BRICK WALL, and lastly BRICK WALL. That's not for dramatic effect, I LITERALLY ran into 5 separate brick walls. The first brick wall was to get windows natively supported, the second brick wall was to make docker properly connect to a permanent IP address, the third brick wall was to get NWNX to actually link to the nwserver from inside docker, the 4th brick wall was to get the network running properly so I -could log in to my own damn server- because it just refused to allow inward connections from the virtual environment, and the 5th brick wall I currently have to deal with was to get the god damn MySQL server to link to the NWNX and nwserver.

I went through the kind of shit that made NessTea quit development from the FIRST brick wall. Then dealt with it 4 more times. If you're wondering what my state of mind was it... Was "I fucking hate docker and 99% hate the phimotic dicked wanker devs who decided this was the direction the game should go".

I rather enjoy messing with code tbh. I do it in loads of other games just because it's fun to do it. I wasn't logging in as much because I literally -couldn't- login before. Lately I haven't been logging in, because the people there have the same attitude you do. They aren't interested in the fun of it anymore, they're just venting that stuff isn't done and I know I didn't at that time have the drive in me to give another crack at making the SQL link.

Now this Tuesday and Wednesday I'll be doing a lot of major work on the server that will either have SQL working correctly or I'll be utilizing the default nwn database until I can drum up the care to get SQL working correctly. In either case 99% of the functionality will be back and from there I'll probably work on a bunch of PVE things, because I actually would like to go back to enjoying the game again Razz
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
Brayden97

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 5:42 am

good too hear hope it pans out, I know a lot of dms don't care for pve because badlands has always been based on pvp blah blah blah, and this is coming from a pvp oriented player but I think pve is really great way to tap into another playerbase and possibly get them to cross over into the pvp side of things, a server that's best of both worlds would be ideal. I don't see why anyone would argue against increasing the pve quality like it would be a bad thing, if you really don't want to play pve then cool just sit up on ur pure sorc farming undeads over and over forever banking toons, but some people, ALOT of people that still play nwn actually like playing the content on a server and there is so much underused areas on badlands that has so much potential and doesn't get used at all, if it's there make it useful or just take it out the server, no use filling the server up with random areas that don't get used
Back to top Go down
Murdo

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 1:09 pm

hey bee why dont you shut up and stop being a whiner btch @$$ f@g b0i. there s lot of stuff on the server to do that all the dms work to make good. try to have a good time and stop with the cries, ot hgo play somewhre eles.
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 2:43 pm

shut up faggot bitch
Back to top Go down
keeper

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 8:19 pm

This is funny . Nightraven fixed all that shit in no time . He figured out the brick walls fast . I will never abandon badlands but honestly it needs a big update . It is to much depending on extender which does not currently work with EE ( they are working on it ). I am not being critical . Lots of new servers out there so this one is slowing going the way of the dinosaur  . Players crave content , PVE and PVP . Lucky me this place was always about bragging rights and being a dick so no loss there .

edit : I now know what happens to a regular PC when u have over 100 str . It penalizes you lol , and encumbers u back like u had 8 str . As the NPC wizard only allows 100 for stats that makes sense . It started over lol , I bet if I log in several times Ill get my str back up lol . Once again very funny . And makes a class either overpowering or useless depending on how many times you logged in . Honest I don't know shit like Highv does about scripts but you would think a simple if else check would fix that .
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 4:07 am

*crickets*
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 1:51 am

keeper wrote:
This is funny . Nightraven fixed all that shit in no time . He figured out the brick walls fast . I will never abandon badlands but honestly it needs a big update . It is to much depending on extender which does not currently work with EE ( they are working on it ). I am not being critical . Lots of new servers out there so this one is slowing going the way of the dinosaur  . Players crave content , PVE and PVP . Lucky me this place was always about bragging rights and being a dick so no loss there .

edit : I now know what happens to a regular PC when u have over 100 str . It penalizes you lol , and encumbers u back like u had 8 str . As the NPC wizard only allows 100 for stats that makes sense . It started over lol , I bet if I log in several times Ill get my str back up lol . Once again very funny . And makes a class either overpowering or useless depending on how many times you logged in . Honest I don't know shit like Highv does about scripts but you would think a simple if else check would fix that .

I don't know who Nightraven is, but I imagine he had more than just an hour to work on it a day. Honestly he might have less loss to be able to invest in it too. I'm at the point of my life where spending a large amount of time frustrated from bullshit that honestly doesn't need to even be there literally costs me hundreds a day. I currently make 30.75/hour. 4 hours of my time is worth a lot to not be enjoying myself.

So the ultimate point is I actually LOVE to code stuff, but to be really, really, really, fucking honest. I don't like to -fight- with something and that's all docker has been... A battle. Now that nwn has been out a while I could probably just download a compose that fully does -everything- automatically, but just the thought of diving back into dealing with docker makes me feel approximately the same way that I feel when listening to a pedophile describe their fondest memories.

Anyway I have started working on stuff again, so look on the positives.
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 10:36 am

heard that before Sad
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 4:53 am

Brayden97 wrote:
heard that before Sad

The code is ready for it, but I need to make sure I can be around for the day to bug test it so that it doesn't cause major issues and because I want it 100% operational. Smile
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 5:50 am

Ok all operational
Back to top Go down
ThorVeras

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 12:30 am

Im actually really good at immersion and create quest and fantasy. But i suck hard on coding....

I think the server is down right now cause there is nothing to do on it that is really cool.
The server became a Call of Duty Franshise.
Just go foward and keep killing mobs.

To tell the truth for me we would redo most of the entire server quests. We need actual bosses that can be killed with a nice fight from meeles.
The fights here against bosses are so magish oriented and i play mostly with casters. And bosses dont have much background or story.

I know badlands is a PVP oriented server. But purely pvp dont survive as much as an Action PVP server. With some story background stuff on it.

Some ideas here cause im not all about just whining... *sorry for bad english*

- Quests 1 to 10.
- Some way of block level up from 10 them 20 them 30 them 40. To unlock u need to do some cool quest that will give amulets to trade for itens u want.
- Npc that trades some kinda of coin like *amulets* for the tourney itens.
- Castle siege events. Like u can have some npcs on your party fighting a war.
- Redo the quests. Mosts quest are extremely dificult and only old players get them. So most time old players have much better itens than new players.

This is something i was thinking most people like. To each player or faction have some kinda army that u can grab it and play with. Cohorts !!! And the make some events with wars, others with no cohorts purely pvp.

There is a lot of spells need to be revised cause they dont fuck the game. Like the lvl 1 spell who gives 150% speed. He dont break the balance and still good. There is others also.

There is a lot of things i got on my mind. But to no sucess. I even tryed to find the badlands base server to try something but time for coding and learning how to is really hard to find nowdays.
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 4:48 am

I think the server is down not on list
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1-40 content Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1-40 content   1-40 content Empty

Back to top Go down

1-40 content
Page 1 of 1