Badlands Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos

Go down 
+2
Highv Priest
payt4444
6 posters
AuthorMessage
payt4444

Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos Empty
PostSubject: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 8:32 pm

I have no idea what to say here, oh right okay my opinion is most the items iv looked at in the test area are some of the most stupid broken shit i have ever seen in my life, Im not even exaggerating, Im beyond baffled that people think that this is okay. Every Single New item that has been added OR updated has induced some kind of other change or Nerf...... and Im saying this now because it HAS TO STOP. If you want test an item you dont throw it on open fuking sever so people can go fuking crazy for it and abuse it so it has to be change in the next 2 weeks? No more adding new items, trinkets, fuking shield's, bracers, armors , weapons, rings, helmets, cloaks, areas, bosses, potions or devices without a proper fuking agenda and without telling people about it. Thanks to whoever took the fun out of badlands you rolled on, it pissed on it, shit on it, kicked it, spit on it and raped it up the ass with every fukign household item in a 50 foot radius untill it died 38 times over again.

Ps Happy Newyear , your friendly neighborhood spider man.
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 11:15 pm

lol this is pretty heated. All of the current modifications done by other devs are easily reversible. Including the items.... If it is in the best interest of the server just make a vote on it and if that is the case they are removed.
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
Spaceman87

Spaceman87

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 11:44 am

The lesser chaos shield has given new life to 0 AC DR tanks and the like, hard hitters, who were otherwise being ravaged by exotic damages from high ac and ie dexers. For that use I fully support it.

I do think the item needs a restriction though so that mages cannot use it, because mages with a chaos shield is a bit ridiculous. That's my only gripe with that item.

Other than that, what items in particular and why have you problems with them? The open forum vote idea is a good one if people dont like something. In the spirit of hack and slash, most items work and are fun. Consider that a classic boss weapon has double vorpal on it, and then anything else really doesnt seem too bad heh.
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 3:41 am

i do think theres too many on hits etc, and i think no ac dr builds are good enough as it is, maybe high ac dexers that they cant hit on a regular basis but dex builds are already that much prone to kd/disarm that all it takes is to land one and the fight will be over especially with the damage they do..
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:28 am

Melee is pretty fair overall. I'd say the biggest issues is the monstrously high ab builds that pull pretty good AC too. I've been adjusting those as fairly as I can to keep it under control though.
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 12:19 am

melee is pretty fair but i dont know about melee v casters, especially dex vs caster
Back to top Go down
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 10:54 am

A dex based character doing 'well' against a caster doesn't make a lot of sense, granted they can still do damage and floor them, it's just the dex based characters are made to get more ac to fight other melees, they sacrifice damage to do that. Therefore a dex based character shouldn't do as well vs a caster. Theoretically a two hander should do the best.
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 2:00 pm

I'd say generally 2 handers do the best against casters as well.

Weakest at this point is probably one handed strength based.
Back to top Go down
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 3:31 pm

i've added in quite a few weapons to try and help out one handed str based casters, IE all the bastard swords from the neg plane, and the longswords from other quests. One thing I will say though is that I'd like to see more high level fighter builds with dev, but that's mostly because I'm nostalgic lol
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 4:23 am

lolthatguy wrote:
A dex based character doing 'well' against a caster doesn't make a lot of sense, granted they can still do damage and floor them, it's just the dex based characters are made to get more ac to fight other melees, they sacrifice damage to do that. Therefore a dex based character shouldn't do as well vs a caster. Theoretically a two hander should do the best.

Even though you have to spam clarity pots while you get dispelled and you get spammed with mindspells that are basically automatic death, and will saves are very hard to get with a dexer atm, all my builds are pally/bg and only have one dexer with 45+ will
Back to top Go down
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 9:45 am

Dexers are not necessarily made to get will saves unless you get the feats(iron will, epic will), are a paladin or BG or HS. By the nature of going dex based you're getting AC, reflex, and pretty much nothing else. it is entirely possible to get decent will on a dexer, you just can't be gimped and go great dex 6/7/8 etc
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 pm

i find it hard to even get 30 will on most dexers, especially with iron sights... none of my characters even have great dex 4, i just think the dc to dex will save ratio is off, i mean just about any build can get 45-50+ (most even have the 55) fortitude which i think is fair when theres 55ish dev dc players getting around, imo it should be similar for dexers and there will saves, 30 will to 45 dc BARD casters isnt really balanced, especially when it's basically a death spell
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 2:25 pm

There is plenty of horrifyingly brutal reflex save spells that strength based are pretty much helpless to do much about if they didn't build for it. For dexers having a good reflex save is pretty much always a given from the sheer size of difference.

The ultimate question we have to ask ourselves is.... If dexers didn't lack EITHER discipline or will, would any of them die in a fair matchup against others? Nothing stops a dexer from utilizing normal rings for +1 disc and +2 will on them. The electric vulnerability for using +2 will only really applies to strength based, because all electrical damage spells check evasion/reflex. So you see this was actually all planned out as fairly as possible. Electric vulnerability just for weapon damage is very weak.... Like really really weak, because even 50% only makes a massive 20 electric CRIT hit a 30. It's the spells where that vulnerability really hurts.
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 3:23 pm

im just saying i dont think they should lack so much will, otherwise theres no point even having a dex based build when it comes to team pvp lol unless you're a cot, i dont know how many people just want to use a small array of builds in pvp but it'd be nice to be able to have some variety, all i see is dps barbs/wm bards and cleric/druid/mage, i think by the decline in players recently other people might like some change too haha
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 pm

Highv Priest wrote:
The ultimate question we have to ask ourselves is.... If dexers didn't lack EITHER discipline or will, would any of them die in a fair matchup against others?

i wasn't saying give them 60 will and 100 discipline lol
Back to top Go down
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 3:52 pm

you only need to play a saves tank when there's a dc caster around, I'd say about half of them are DC based and the rest are 'spammers'. dex tanks are usually great for skirmishes and tank fights, they're also typically good spotters. if I wanted to, I could get insane will on my BG tank. all I'd have to do is take will on gear and drop a few great dex, and bam, I'd have a saves tank while only having to drop 1 ab/ac.
Back to top Go down
skullchild

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 7:09 pm

There are plenty of dex builds that can get decent dex with the current changes, try utilising classes that get bonuses to saves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos   Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos Empty

Back to top Go down

Chaos shield-and onemillion other unapproved items causing chaos
Page 1 of 1