Badlands Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NWN has stopped working

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ivo-cz

NWN has stopped working Empty
PostSubject: NWN has stopped working   NWN has stopped working EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 11:48 am

Hey guys, I wanted to come back to nwn after a while, running it on a new machine and win10 for the first time. Had no problem on win 7 but when I log in with a character to badlands I get immedately the error: Neverwinter nights has stopped working
I can log in no problem to any campaign though which makes me dumbfound what to do to log in to badlands. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: NWN has stopped working   NWN has stopped working EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 1:39 pm

You have a corrupted install, it's failing to load the tiles in the map.

Reinstall nwn with Antivirus and user account control disabled. Feel free to reactivate them after it's installed.

The installer for nwn lacks redundancy checks so programs which write to hard drives can be broken by file scanning programs such as Antivirus and user account control.
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
Spaceman87

Spaceman87

PostSubject: Re: NWN has stopped working   NWN has stopped working EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 2:46 pm

good to know!
Back to top Go down
ivo_54

PostSubject: Re: NWN has stopped working   NWN has stopped working EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 am

Highv Priest wrote:
You have a corrupted install, it's failing to load the tiles in the map.

Reinstall nwn with Antivirus and user account control disabled. Feel free to reactivate them after it's installed.

The installer for nwn lacks redundancy checks so programs which write to hard drives can be broken by file scanning programs such as Antivirus and user account control.

Thak you for the tip but unfortunately it didn't work. I have completely clean installation now and it seems to be Badlans only related issue as I can log in another servers no problem :/
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: NWN has stopped working   NWN has stopped working EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 6:14 pm

That's interesting as I am using Windows 10 as well and did not have these problems.

Perhaps users of the nwn pack can better explain it.
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
HydroBreed

PostSubject: Re: NWN has stopped working   NWN has stopped working EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 4:53 pm

Hate to necro but I am also coming back after years gone.
Having the same problem, can connect to other servers fine but when i try badlands it starts to load the server the crashes.
Please help!!
Highv if you see this its me Uncivilized from back when I owned server pvp miss ya bro!! Chaos says hi too!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NWN has stopped working   NWN has stopped working Empty

Back to top Go down

NWN has stopped working
Page 1 of 1