Badlands Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blackguard Epic fiendish servant suggestion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

Blackguard Epic fiendish servant suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Blackguard Epic fiendish servant suggestion   Blackguard Epic fiendish servant suggestion EmptyTue May 12, 2015 2:48 pm

So, just as an idea, I'm not sure if this would be perhaps too powerful but I feel like blackguards needs some additional love to further increase their usefulness. They're alright but they could be used more.

I propose that epic fiendish servant will give you an aura with a radius of about the same size of a silence or a battletide. It's "DC" will be similar to dev crit's DC in that it goes off half your current level plus your STR Modifer OR your DEX Modifier just to show dex tanks some love too, whichever is higher. When someone enters the aura they'll have their saves/damage/ab decreased by 2 if they fail the save, which I think would be a will save but.. not sure.
Back to top Go down
Cory|01

PostSubject: Re: Blackguard Epic fiendish servant suggestion   Blackguard Epic fiendish servant suggestion EmptySat May 16, 2015 2:34 am

Sounds like vanilla terrifying rage. I have actually thought about Blackguards having a greater focus on harmful auras.... something more interesting than just what the aforementioned rage does though.

Good Idea
Back to top Go down
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

PostSubject: Re: Blackguard Epic fiendish servant suggestion   Blackguard Epic fiendish servant suggestion EmptySat May 16, 2015 6:02 pm

Yeah.. it pretty much is just vanilla nwn's barb rage, I didn't actually realize that. I just thought it would be cool for blackgaurds to have a sort of drain ability if you will, to further lower other people's stats when the get close enough to them. Perhaps in addition to this, per number of people in the aura suffering the effect, the Blackgaurd could gain an extra bonus to their damage, whatever type it may be. +2 per afflicted enemy in the aura. And mind you once they leave they aura they're no longer stricken by the aura. That was a problem we had with barbarian's terrifying rage aura.. all they had to do was run into and you'd be docked like however many ab it was they decreased per level. 1/4 I think it was.

I remember the way you did it on dex was a lot different but I can't exactly recall what it did, I do know that I wasn't entirely a fan of how blackgaurds worked on dex when Ezruman changed them but at least they were a playable class then.

What would you do with the feat?
Back to top Go down
Cory|01

PostSubject: Re: Blackguard Epic fiendish servant suggestion   Blackguard Epic fiendish servant suggestion EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:10 pm

BG passive aura buff: mirrors the radius and usability of spells such as battletide and silence. Enemies in range would recieve X penalty, and the BG would receive this as a buff (with some sort of balance cap).
Blackguards are able to channel their unholy prayers into a siphoning aura of despair

Possible enhancements to the aura (through feats or something) could include increased effect/duration, added flat penalties to enemies (ex -10 conc), added flat benefits to BG user.

An active buff that uses BG bullstr and interacts with the aura could also be pretty cool. For example: Upon using BG bullstr, enemies in range are effected by X penalty and take X damage. BG gains X benefit. I would add a cooldown to it in this case, similar to what I gave it on DeX. Character feats could also enhance the ability in numerous ways.

Anyway, I used to have a whole notebook of ideas like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackguard Epic fiendish servant suggestion   Blackguard Epic fiendish servant suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Blackguard Epic fiendish servant suggestion
Page 1 of 1