Badlands Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Frustrated, and a request.

Go down 
+4
keeper
Shadowz
lolthatguy
Brayden97
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ThorVeras

Frustrated, and a request. Empty
PostSubject: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 1:04 am

HighV i want to ask if you could sell me or lend the server haks and paks. I like a lot your server but i dont like where he is going to.
This is over and over and is always the same thing since 2003. Someone lose cry, someone lose get jealous of your tatic. And this is on and on and on.

I dont intend to compete with this server i want to start building some Little RP High Action server for me and my friends at least 5 i brought to the server say the same as im saying here.

Today i got so frustrated that i spended 200 hours researching server mechanics and itens to just have a DM get an iten for me saying was not working as intended and was that.
This happen to me before and before that, is a simple question who have the power will use it. And i see who is this going on. I see a lot of complaings how things are doing here and them happen to me.

This authoritarism kills the fun, i spend most of my time with my friends killing mobos rarely i do go to pvp and them when i go because my friends dont like pvp i go alone and get ganked often 4x1 3x1 2x1. I did build something to survive and at least get out of that when people start harassing but them i killed the wrong guy as i can see.

Im sick of crying over i build something cool and people get jealous angry and stuff like that. I entered here was beaten to a pulp more than one time and them when i start beating people cry to friends to revoke what i just did. This is fuck up. Im a not a kid i dont like get harassed by some kids who have Dm friends or are jealous of what im doing.
I really liked the way the server and the mechanics where build i was slow start and even i did complaing about not being able to build a char like i did on Vanilla but i evolve and adapted after many research hours to survive harassment, but now i getting harassed and cryer by same people.

I dont want to you change people on server that is why if you can i want to get the module as a base to build and play with friends. I really tired of talking to people that will cry every oportunity it had like a playboy child.

I maked some friends but is like 3 4 cool people to 15 assholes who enjoy only cry at any oportunity.

An observation: I think monks are really really unbalanced on the server, they not get only SR but they get AB and AC as well when chosing DEX, as for now monk is the only 100% counter of a mage. There is no other char that counter 100% someone.
Even my tank mage with the vampiric armor who the DM striped from me did not counter any single person at 100% efficiency, at the very best was a 75% counter of slow STR warriors if they did not have high fort and itens to protect the negative damage. IF they had was a single knockdown to kill me.

And for those who still crying about armor. Yeah was powerful yet there was many counters to it as i tested with a friend on PVP. SR, Mantle, Negative Protection, Any Caster at All.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
Brayden97

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 8:35 am

What did I miss?
Back to top Go down
Morgoth

Morgoth

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 8:38 am

You realise the armour was bugged?, that's why it was removed.

And crying? My man, you lost your mind over it and somehow equated SR monks existing for a reason as to why a 210dmg/heal vamp armour is fine, even tho the DM who told you that I'm pretty sure made the armour and knows exactly how it was intended to function, and it seems the mage bonuses are fucking with it.

Lets not forget you also Deathlogged on me today, which is illegal on the server, if anyone's the rager it's you.

You got to this server the same time as I did, you invent all this stuff in your head, all this hubris as if you invented the first mage, you made you own enemies, you rage as much as I do or anyone else. Lets be clear there, cmon.

All being said, people still want you to play here, myself include, yet you're blowing up a broken item into this wall of text, you just maybe need a small break to cool off my dude.
Back to top Go down
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 9:43 am

The armor was something I had made a loooong time ago. It's supposed to heal the player for 15, so pretty much it acted like 15 damage reduction, which is pretty retarded considering there's nothing else on the server that does that. Because vampiric touch got buffed, and you made a mage without discipline or tumble, it was effectively giving the armor the MOST powerful variant of vamp touch. I saw that thing doing around 200 dmg to a balor that I had attacking you. I also saw first hand that it shreds melees within seconds, and heals the person wearing the armor for the same amount...(200ish)

Like I said though, I made that armor when I first started building for the server. It wasn't well made, and it was very prone to bugs. I'm going to definitely remove it from the server and might replace it with something else. A lot of the gear from the neg plane boss needs to be revamped because a lot of it quite honestly sucks.

We're trying to keep the server balanced, and in order to do that we need to root out things that aren't working as intended. I'm not sure that I'd even call this a bug, because it was more so just an oversight.

Also SR monks are still lack luster in nature, I'm not sure why you think they're ridiculously overpowered. A mage can still give a SR monk hell in a variety of ways.

I also said that I would reimburse you for the vampiric armor, the offer still stands. You can have any item from the proving grounds.
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 10:00 am

This feels like it's stemming from something bigger and this is just the last straw. What is happening that I keep getting these "feel disrespected" claims?

The purpose of this server is just to play around with many things and have fun. So why isn't fun happening? And what is the real problem to address?
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
Shadowz

Shadowz

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 4:05 am

i am on thors side. i was on last night and dm marduk and hex gay bashed me and also i told marduk to remove my fathers username off his dm because its disrepectful. him and hex go on and on how its a good thing my father died because im a shit stain of a retard and that is sad my dad squirted out a retard like me. also gay bashing, and further more about the dad situation...... i have never been so damn disrepected by any dm in my time of playing nwn. hex and marduk took it way to far last night and i have other people agreeing with me as well

dms should not for one not bash any players what so ever especially gay bashing and for two put someones deceased father in shame. that is SICK! they went on and on about how my father was a shit lord and deserved to get killed in a damn motorcycle accident.. This should NOT be coming from dms especially if its not even their damn server!!!!!

Last edited by Shadowz on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowz

Shadowz

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 4:07 am

so highv thats what happend to me today.
Back to top Go down
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 10:58 am

Yes Shadz, that happened. I actually have screenshots of the entire affair, though it isn't entirely relevant to this discussion. I have nothing against gay people, nor am I appeased when other people's family members die. The whole reason I went off on you last night because you were instigating and looking for conflict, like you always do. You're a drama seeker, anything that will cause drama you'll happily engage in. I should've kept silent when you accused me of actually being DM marduk, which I'm not. There are times when I can't help myself, if you don't show others a modicum of respect then you're not going to get any in return. Time and time again you've proven that you're an irascible twat looking for confrontation, and seeking a screen cap of something so you can report it to a DM. Under no circumstances would I have ever said what I said to you to my 'gay' friends, because they're not psychopathic drama seekers like you are. Good people deserve respect, inquiries into peoples integrity should be handled PRIVATELY with a DM, lest rumors get spread. No one cares for a village idiot touting bullshit at every little oddity he perceives.

I DM on badlands because I thoroughly enjoy hosting tournaments for players, I also build for badlands because I enjoy making content and keeping things fresh.

I do not however enjoy dealing with people who want to waste my time. If you have a complaint, you should file it with someone else who's a DM instead of bringing it up with the person whom you think is acting uncouthly. If you were actually smart, you'd do that, because then you have more a chance to catch them doing something fishy. Accusing people of wrongdoing based off a hunch, or a suspicion, will ultimately get you no where. This, in part, is why I don't think you're actually serious minded when it comes to your accusations. The reason you accuse people of things they aren't doing, is because you're a troll. You're in the same boat as Omnifarious, and Xanos.
Back to top Go down
Shadowz

Shadowz

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 12:53 pm

i asked for that name to be removed and and then shit got started and so i started to get upset and mad. then you and marduk starting in and disrespected me sevearly! no matter what i did you do not fucking gay bash nor talk shit on someone who is deceased especillaly their damn father! he wanted to know whats really going on so i told him. you still are talking shit on me for calling you and him out yes i said to take the name off and told you guys to shut the fuck up but i had a reason to. and you better have screenshotted every single thing of what you guys said. im donne with disrepect from you. you talk down to anyone who isnt a good game player. and im sorry you dont deserve to be a dm after last night in my eyes. dms shouldnt disrespect people like you did. and the game was not fun that day. and ive been told by many players of after what you did you should not be a dm
Back to top Go down
keeper

PostSubject: rofl    Frustrated, and a request. EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 2:56 pm

Sad day but I got to go with hex on this . I was on , watching it unfold . Shadowz you need to behave. DM Marduk can be any name he want's to be you do not own the trademark and you did complain just to start shit .I watched it all unfold as you falsely accused hex of being DM Marduk ( hex is not , he is DM Warf ) and honestly you cant take a joke and your way to wishy washy when one of your toons is shit cock face master . WTF . you came back joined outlaws long enough to think you had some of my best toons ( I gave you two , should have just treated you like I was treated when I rejoined advos 2 years ago ) .  As for Thor , well I guess if a SR monk that can be deved easy scares you , maybe its best you did leave . You were using an exploit on that armor and also other things that you thought would help you own everyone . Once again here comes someone "new " to this server to complain because he can't build a counter to someones   build that is easy to counter . Other servers exist . Highv will go out of his way to help out the player community but you are just one voice complaining and its about something that is already in the game . Yes SR monks get and ab boost to make them able to stand in combat and be somewhat playable however they are far from invincible and to change them makes them useless again . Like everything else highv has scripted and modified it is to make the game more enjoyable for all players , not just one guy who cant get off the mage .   Flame all you want , the truth is the truth . BTW the server is down again .
Back to top Go down
ThorVeras

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 5:26 pm

First i will reply Morgoth/Nex/Dex whatver u are or u hiding:

You are a damn bastard to say at least. You come to me when i was fighting a boss, and OFF COURSE I WAS AWARE of you i could kill you in the spot but i did not change my gameplay as i dont hunt players.
Ok you just atacked me right away, you maded me a stone and them you stoped doing anything. I was a stone for a damn 1 minute while my minions where getting killed by the NPCs, do you think that kinda of harassment i would not leave ? I leaved really pissed of got my DC mage AND DID EXACT THE SAME THING TO YOU AND YOU STARTED CRYING.

Dude a note. You dont have PVP skills but YOU do HAVE a lot of CRYING SKILLS so keep in note and improve your PVP skills before crying for anything.

Now replying to Keeper:

First i dont know who you are and im at a disvantage here, but you prob are someone that i killed after some time i study builds and cryed like Morgoth did.
Sploit a problem ? For me that was no problem at wall as ANY char could counter with a simple protection from negative energy and everyone have acess to that. For sure you use monk to say that absurd. If you get a monk you can get AB with ANY WEAPON, i mean ANY WEAPON, you can use a Great Axe and a Kukri and a Long Bow ALL WILL HAVE THE SAME AB 70 OR MORE.
Do you even think that is fun to build ? So you get as much AB as SR you are IMMORTAL to any caster at all even the one who cast spells with NO magical resistance cause this spells use reflex save and guess what U ARE A DAMN MONK.
Only someone who is using so much a monk can defend that. I WILL SAY AGAIN, THERE IS NO OTHER CLASS THAT CAN COUNTER 100% ONE CLASS BUT THE MONK. THIS IS NO FUN AT ALL.
And the worst part is he still get some fucking nice AB. Most of the people who are joining the server did not knew that and when i started spreading cause i spread every think i research, i saw a change in most builds that they are using monks. AND WHY IS THAT ?
A monk BG DEX is EVEN WORST than a BG assassin DEX in terms of balance. This is nuts.

The choice to me use a caster is mine and mine alone, if you dont like it, beat it. Use what you like. Dont come to me crying, make your own mage or make something to fight against. If i was using a mage that can kill 100% someone i would think that is overpowered and would say so. But no one here is saying that a Monk that can Kill a 100% mage is not, the SR bypassing damage shields is ridiculous as a monk already have +8 kama or +7 gloves to bypass most protections mages can offer and beat him. Even the item with magical back damage is nulified by the monk ridiculous SR.
I prefer to use casters, or fighter/casters. So if you dont like it use what you like it. You are prob the guy who was crying over and over when you atacked my friend and i killed you with a caster. So you did build a SR monk and started hunt me on the server and say i was a noob. Yeah right, You asked me to fight 1x1 and say im a noob cause u had a 100% counter to my mage that is easy to say. I would suggest that we do that i getting a monk and you a caster and see who is the noob, that is retarded and childish.

And i prob did invite more people here in 3 weeks than you in 3 years matte. Cause when i enjoy playing on someplace i try to make that place grow, as i helped people to find itens, i gave itens even i helped MORGOTH ass when he asked on shout cause i not a scum like him and i will never be. Im someone who think helping new people and old people get the stuff  
good for the grow of the server and the community.
What i think is bad for the community is this bullshit crying over and over because someone killed me with a fair duel and i suck, most people here suck a lot on PVP even if they dont agree they still suck, but they think they not and this go EGO.

The last thing if you read my post but you prob not just got here right away acusing me. That is what im suggesting. That i leave and i asked HIGHV and not you for the server hack cause i think this is a well builded server and i enjoying playing here. But as for my experience on other servers since 2003 most of servers that have so much crying like that will eventually die and i dont want this to die, neither i want to compete with BADLANDS, i just want to host and play with my friends, so i would not botter YOUR MIGHTY GRACE OF CRYERS.

lolthatguy:

I have nothing against you at all but i was really mad after so many time i did research and you just simple taked my item. You could simple ban this kinda of item in tourneys or pvpears in POB, but as mage even with some cool upgrades i saw on magic there is so much nerf and hate, they cant make longer on some dungeons cause they really suck vs monsters SR and Spell Immunity, there is a lot of monsters like SR Monks who are 100% against a mage, and no other class. That armor helped me in some high damage where enemies would just pass any shield or defense i had and kill me in 2 hits.
For what i saw i think that armor was great effect if you think was overpowered against pvp or tourneys so ban for it would be easy to see if someone is using. But now remove from a PVP focus server cause is too powerfull against PVE ? dont make sense.

Taking a item like that is kinda disrespectful if you think right was much time invested in getting that. When i show to some older players they where so happy that i did show that and was fun, that make me think people here build stuff and hide in a pvp friendly server when you dont need to hide and even if you do, why hiding such powerful thing when people can share and improve all together?

About SR monk, i did explain a lot there, if you guys see no reason in my explanation i can't fight against a lacking reason. Its not being emotional cause somone who have  SR monk is protecting a build. Is being reason that is frustrating to a class have the pontential to kill every other combination class.

Somethings i get lost on server.

When i first entered some outlaw guy raged at me cause i was saying that server could be improved adding some RP. And he say straight that was a PVP server.
The more i played here more i saw this is not a PVP server is more like a little rp High action server. The dificult to get the best itens is so damn high, there is so much hidden quest and hidden bosses, the PVE is so dificult for some classes this show this is not a PVP server.
Pvp server would allow people to get itens just for killing other people this is not how was working here. And to say the thruth i prefer the server A LOT MORE, but because there is little to no one online on most of the time, people will get on just to grab territory kill people unaware gank on people and stuff like that.
And because that too, you can't complete quests, you can't get the best itens and finish your build and you get mostly overpowered by some insane build that have hidden gliches.

How is supose to have fun when u need 200 hours to get an armor and them in one second someone take it off from you because is bad for PVP even not considering that could be just banned from it. I used one time in PVP on POB and i died so many times for so many class with just the counter i did say, Negative energy protection.
That armor in pvp was more for the unprepared people than the normal average warrior who buffs before enters.

The armor iteself is not the thing the pissed me off most, is the difficult to get stuff and the possibility to this stuff get banned. Is worst than magic the gathering someone of you guys prob played so some will understand.
I build a legacy deck after some time was Miracles, and before a key card was banned i selled to a friend but i was bad cause that happen a lot on magic. There is some good card, the deck is not the format opressor and have many counters, still if somone on Wizards dont like it they will ban it. Happen to a lot of cards. A lot. And is kinda ridiculous.
I stoped play that game because that. As i dont have much fun playing here because that too. Some DM will see something and will ban, some DM will investigate a build that i taked hours to research and will build the same or will use something against it. And this happens thrust me.

To conclude is really rare when people are fair and right i see since 2003 and that is all im asking is to have the possibility to host the server for private game sessions so i dont die from harassment, crying people and can relax and have fun with my friends who are exiting the server cause same reasons. You can see on chat some of them wasnt speaking in english cause they dont know, neither i do know much but i try hard here as it not my main language.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
keeper

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 5:44 pm

Thor you posted all the shit cause a mk bg I built pawned ur ass . I am keeper , been here be4 ur ass ever touched this game . Will be here when ur gone . Know you know who I am , and we have fought , and mostly you dying so take ur mage happy cant do a dam thing else on somewhere if that's ur gripe back to momma's teet . Monk can counter 100% , really ? Try getting those imaginary 5 friends to come PVP with us pros . This is not about builds , its about players being spoiled . Earn it like we all did . Cause its simple . No more monk bonuses then no more bonuses . Take it all out . Then quess what? A SR monk will still beat a pure mage every time in solo play . Enough said .
Back to top Go down
ThorVeras

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 5:55 pm

You not only a child you are a MONK user and you are defending it, guess what....

In fact no monk did beat me cause i did teleported away using a glich gates and even he used that glich too with teleportation stone he did not catch me before i did go to Dozo so no. I did not die for a monk neither did i losed to you on PVP as i remember well the only time you killed me was in 2x1 combat and that was that. The rest of history, you sucked so much with all in front atack trying to use consecutives knockdown atacks like a noob against a tank mage, and of course you died by damage shields instead of making tatics against it.

The fact you was here before me dont turn you into a god neither a good player, just turn you into old. I dont see you helping new players neither do i see you doing anything than fighting Pvp or getting stuff on PVE. And that is ok, but dont come at me that you do something other than your selfish EGO allow it.
Players like you is what make servers die.
Players who never give a damn about others but just about your selfish sorry ass. Well good thing u are just bad at pvp, at least you not going to do much harass to new players.
Back to top Go down
Morgoth

Morgoth

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 6:59 pm

WHoa boy, the very fact I didn't mention skill at all and you have some chip on your shoulder shows you've got an ego issue and something to prove, I have nothing to prove, I'm perfectly fine at pvp, you see those tournaments yesterday? If I ever needed validation, sorry it isn't from you.

And I've also noticed you've developed a penchant of lying, I specifically said NOT ONE THING at all to you, on shout or otherwise after you deathlogged - purposefully, bzzt, LIE.
Also it wasn't one minute, I literally changed a quickslot, started using dmg spells and you logged I believe after the first one hit. bzzt, another lie!

I also didn't deathlog when you did actually FTS me and do nothing, why? Because I'm not like you and break rules because of some internal rage.

You need to grow up. Also accusing me of being multiple people? Both you and Keeper do this, not sure why. Perhaps because people cannot fathom that someone can join a server new with experience and apply it to a new place.
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 8:11 pm

I have to address some inaccuracies before going further.

The ab granted from sr feats uses up the ab cap and thus weapon focuses would still have more ab in many situations.

The second thing is monk speed gets a heavy nerf when using spell resistance feats. If I recall correctly it reduces it by 99% at maximum. This is on top of the reduced speed they get for being level 21 or higher. This was designed to give an "out" for players who just didn't have the ability otherwise to combat magical users at the cost of being slow monks.

Spell resistance rolls against damage shields like normal. It's not an automatic bypass.

+7 and +8 weapons alone are not enough to bypass warding on most casters. Casters with less than 10 pale master levels have +14 warding. Casters with more than 20 pale master levels have +20 warding and absorb double the damage and it lasts longer than the recharge time. Only casters with 10 to 20 pale master levels have +7.

On BadLands only rangers, mighty barbarians, and Arcane Archers can bypass general warding on most casters and for ranger it requires a lot of levels for the mainhand weapon.

Moving on from corrections.

I would say this is more of a class balanced action server than a complete PVP setup. As you said true PVP design would mean the only thing you do is battle players and nothing else.

PVP is very important to the server and me though. It's unfortunate that I just can't seem to find a solution that makes both melee and spell casters happy. We seem to bounce back and forth from this issue. Just a little while ago Morgoth explained spell regen is massively broken and now I see mages are incapable of doing anything with no updates made in the interim. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
ThorVeras

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Highv Priest wrote:

PVP is very important to the server and me though. It's unfortunate that I just can't seem to find a solution that makes both melee and spell casters happy. We seem to bounce back and forth from this issue. Just a little while ago Morgoth explained spell regen is massively broken and now I see mages are incapable of doing anything with no updates made in the interim. Neutral

I did not knew was that hard...
I hate to be the guy complaining and dont give options to improve. About the mage balance i understand now that is hard to do it, but what about the dificult of getting itens and so many hidden quest that you needed to be a 10 years ago player to know what to do as most of old players dont tell you how to. This is a big issue too.

About the mage balance, on vanilla the damage shields would damage a SR monk that is why i was talking about the Monk being overpowered. And about the warding, i did not use that on my mages because on description says it only goes to +7 if you dont have palemasters so its really confusing.

Every single balance needed mostly can be done by weapons balance, as warriors needed more this weapons than casters.
And the even the AB monk is by the Cap, is kinda too strong as you can have Ab of 70 on with any weapon on a single char and most fithters dont pass much the 80ac.

Last edited by ThorVeras on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThorVeras

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 8:27 pm

I must say PVP is the best thing in NWN because make the history itself, not needing a DM to account for it. Like they do on Arelith. They just throw evil vs good vs neutral and give toys to some people to be powerful enough to move masses and make battles and quest itself. Kinda cool way to put some Pvp.

Now Pve here on the serve became so hard that every thing u can do to kill some monsters i see people doing. Like gliching a monster, using 100% conceal to finish of bosses and guild bosses.
Back to top Go down
xomatosis

xomatosis

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 9:24 pm

I'm glad everyone can vent and air out their frustrations.

Now, let us get back to Badlands and kill one another in harmony.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated, and a request.   Frustrated, and a request. Empty

Back to top Go down

Frustrated, and a request.
Page 1 of 1