Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

spineless fear bypassing mind immunity

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lolthatguy

PostSubject: spineless fear bypassing mind immunity   Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:39 pm

I've had a long standing problem with this change, and would like to see it done away with. I know the thing only applies as a set bonus, but the effect is too powerful and in fact diminishes the amount of builds people can play substantially if there's a bard with cha, cursing. You can only play builds with will at or higher than their DC, or you have to play a pdk or a paladin or barb. Some might say that seems like a lot of options, but take into account you wont be able to play anything else beside those classes if there's a bard. I would have absolutely no problem with the curse fear effect if it didn't bypass clarity, that way, AT LEAST you could block it. I feel like that effect should only be rewarded to those who do use spineless in conjunction with empty skull. It's a powerful enough effect already.

On another note, curse song could do something like double damage, perhaps in addition to the fear, or even without the fear effect at all if someone's wearing spineless/empty skull. Curse song does such a low amount that it really doesn't make any difference in pvp when people just regenerate the damage in 12 seconds.

Ultimately the curse song effect bypassing clarity isn't an uncounterable thing, but it diminishes pvp by forcing people to play very specific builds. Due to the ubiquitous nature of spineless bards with high DC there's really no avoiding this. It's not like fighting a mage or a cleric, when there's a good chance it'll just be a healbot or a spammer with no DC, and even on top of that NO spell goes through immunity, there's no death spell, or any mind affecting spells that go through immunity, and for a very good reason. Bard is a good enough class as is, and it doesn't need an effect that bypasses mind immunity.

Also the argument that wearing spineless/empty skull is a monumental sacrifice is made entirely moot by the fact that most ALL bards on badlands are also blackguards, with tremendous saves to compensate for the -5 fort penalty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keeper

PostSubject: Re: spineless fear bypassing mind immunity   Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:37 pm

both mine use spineless and empty skull , I thought u had to have them both for the full effect .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lolthatguy

PostSubject: Re: spineless fear bypassing mind immunity   Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:43 am

You wear spineless, you get the fear effect which doesn't bypass mind immunity.

You wear them both, it bypasses mind immunity.

What I'm proposing is nerfing that so you have to wear both to get the mind effect, without the bypassing of mind immunity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spaceman87

PostSubject: Re: spineless fear bypassing mind immunity   Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:12 pm

i agree with that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgoth

PostSubject: Re: spineless fear bypassing mind immunity   Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:03 am

Lets trade unarmed disarm for it afro afro afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brayden97

PostSubject: Re: spineless fear bypassing mind immunity   Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:42 am

Stop it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spineless fear bypassing mind immunity   

Back to top Go down

spineless fear bypassing mind immunity
Page 1 of 1