Badlands Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Original version of badlands is up and operational!

Go down 
+2
_LoMy_
Xanos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
_LoMy_

_LoMy_

Original version of badlands is up and operational! Empty
PostSubject: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 12:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Xanos

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Highv..... Should the .2da files in override folder be removed prior to playing on the original badlands server?  i am referring to 9 .2da that make changes to class/feats/race/sound.  i was unsure those changes were implemented on this version of badlands so i removed them before making a toon . Could you let me if they will function on the older version of the server .  Thanks!!

Last edited by Xanos on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_LoMy_

_LoMy_

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 5:38 pm

If they dont you can also duplicate your nwn stuff so one has the overrides and the the other doesnt so you can play either server
Back to top Go down
Xanos

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 5:42 pm

i prefer the peace and quiet of the older version of bads . i was just trying to avoid crashing the server if those changes were not valid . i really just need to know if they will work on the older version ... that's all Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
_LoMy_

_LoMy_

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 3:46 am

Yes you can log in with them, the only thing ive noticed is with the overrides it wont let me make a gnome but thats all ive seen
Back to top Go down
Xanos

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 12:22 pm

is highv perm afk now? lol   i was hoping to get him to answer me. i would like a little more detailed answer as to which overrides function.  some of them override sounds  some feats/class   i was hoping someone could tell me which ones function and which do not   you said that you can't make a gnome so i assume that the "race_feat_gnome.2da" file doesn't function   Thank you for that information but i would like to know if the other .2da's will work(not just let u log in with them but actually function)    i don't want to crash the server  yano lol   right now I'm trying to build up some freaking gold so i can afford to wear some damn gears  ha ha   i have almost 1 billion gold on the other server and this one i can barely afford a few pieces of gear Sad    LOMY  ... if you want to help me out... why don't you log on dm and give me a little starting gold Smile    Thanks and take care all        ****** EDIT*******     i also just noticed the server doesn't seem to be resetting.  i just logged on and i appeared in newport where i was standing yesterday after i logged off   if the server doesn't reset then boss's(and other things) won't reappear after you kill them right?  is highv the one hosting this older version? i want the server to reset ..... plz lol Smile
Back to top Go down
_LoMy_

_LoMy_

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 2:59 pm

If i recall correctly the original resets but it brings you back to where you were logged in last anyways. And there are no DM's for that version only highv. Sorry i couldnt help more we will see what highv has to say (im curious as well)
Back to top Go down
_LoMy_

_LoMy_

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 2:59 pm

If i recall correctly the original resets but it brings you back to where you were logged in last anyways. And there are no DM's for that version only highv. Sorry i couldnt help more we will see what highv has to say (im curious as well)
Back to top Go down
Xanos

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 3:49 pm

i am testing my theory as far as reset goes ... i smashed some barrels in town and some coffins in the first leveling area to see if they respawn. also i have noticed that the outsiders i  killed when i first logged on with a toon have not yet reappeared .  i can't test by killing a boss as i am still trying to level a toon up lol . the $$ you get from leveling and the shit i pick up to sell (YES i'm looting everything i see haha)   only goes so far . its fun but tough to start new toons without any $$ . all i ask is the server resets once in a while so stuff respawns. Thanks for answering me LOMY . seems your the only one who checks these forums anymore lol. come join me sometime if you have the time Smile
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 3:51 pm

No override functions on the old BadLands.
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
Xanos

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 3:52 pm

is the server resetting man ?  just don't seem like it is i am on the server now and the outsiders still have not respawned maybe a bug in thise version of bads? or are they a 1 time kill on this version lol damn i need more of those bullets to sell Sad
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Xanos wrote:
is the server resetting man ?  just don't seem like it is    i am on the server now and the outsiders still have not respawned   maybe a bug in thise version of bads?  or are they a 1 time kill on this version lol  damn i need more of those bullets to sell Sad

It was not resetting, I fixed it now.
Back to top Go down
Xanos

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 9:17 pm

highv priest wrote:
It was not resetting, I fixed it now.
i was on the server when it said 1 min to reset. i logged off... waited a bit and rejoined i was still standing where i was previously ... in newport . shops I've been in had doors open ....outsiders where still gone..... server did not reset Sad
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 11:04 pm

Right... I need to manually reset it one more time before the resets are fully functional.
Back to top Go down
Xanos

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 12:23 pm

seems the old trick "lay weapon on ground, buff with cleric, log off said cleric, join with pathetic lowbie that dies 10X a min, pick up said weapon, find enchantment is still on weapon , does little dance Smile"  does not work on this version of badlands Sad   i though that always worked ?  makes leveling a bit more challenging with no gear or buffs or $$   YEA !! good times the only thing that would make it more fun would be having lomy running around disarming and killing me lol
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 9:59 am

Xanos wrote:
seems the old trick "lay weapon on ground, buff with cleric, log off said cleric, join with pathetic lowbie that dies 10X a min, pick up said weapon, find enchantment is still on weapon , does little dance Smile"  does not work on this version of badlands Sad   i though that always worked ?  makes leveling a bit more challenging with no gear or buffs or $$   YEA !! good times   the only thing that would make it more fun would be having lomy running around disarming and killing me lol

Don't do it in Oasis
Back to top Go down
Xanos

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 4:55 pm

I don't buff in the oasis ... i do it in dozo   what happens is the buffs show on the weapon if you look at it on the ground but as soon as you pick it up, POOF there gone
Back to top Go down
Xanos

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 12:45 pm

HIGHV !!! when u get a little time could you plz make the royal oyster vender sell stack's of 10 traps also make heal kits/pots/gems auto stack when u pick them up (yes i know u can buy stacks of 10 pots/kits) being able to buy stacks of 10 traps is the most important to me since i love my traps so if possible do that first Thank You very much Smile
Back to top Go down
Spaceman87

Spaceman87

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 4:32 am

I dont unde rstand why there are multiple versions of badlands running, it cant be a people traffic issue?
Back to top Go down
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 1:43 am

it was my bad idea... actually I think it was originally highvs and i encouraged him to do it cuz I wanted to see what would happen. i didn't remember how old the original badlands is tho, I feel like it's sorta unplayable at this stage of the game. the amount of content in the current badlands makes it a lot more fun/attractive to play.

also frollo you gotta come try out the new dungeon
Back to top Go down
Xanos

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 12:36 am

Don't you dare shut down original badlands !!   i love it !!  i would rather play there then the newer version.    I just wanted a few issues fixed but it seems highv doesn't have time to do it.   i still would rather play there then on the other server...... even with the trap issue and non stacking items (on buy).  call me nostalgic,but i hate all the changes to new server..... AND some of the players Razz
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 5:43 pm

I've no intention of shutting it down. DeX I didn't even shutdown until it's forums died. As to answer the previous question... There is 2 versions because I had veterans of the original telling me they don't play -BECAUSE- they don't like the new one. So since I have the hardware and I didn't feel at all an issue with it... I loaded up the original.

The veterans however did not come to play it.
Back to top Go down
Jaq

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 8:36 am

What's the main differences between org. Badlands and new (HIGHV) Badlands?
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 5:25 pm

The original is basic vanilla nwn with only some changes. It's nice if you just want to enjoy the old ways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original version of badlands is up and operational!   Original version of badlands is up and operational! Empty

Back to top Go down

Original version of badlands is up and operational!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Badlands Action :: Talking about nwn :: General-
Jump to: