Badlands Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Building Mini Mod

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
InjecterX

Building Mini Mod Empty
PostSubject: Building Mini Mod   Building Mini Mod EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 1:11 pm

So for us in the struggle.... Wondering about possibly uploading a portion of the server (test area) with all scripts/changes ect for us to download. That way when we are offline, we can still test characters(for instance deployment). Then I can come back with some new builds to make Smile. Only changes to test area on this mini mod would be a selection between the bosses, a copycat statue to fight yourself, or a wave of creatures type-style. I have all these ideas of what I wanna test, but I'll be at to sea for 4 1/2 months and no internet to connection to speak of (minus ports). I can't imagine with just scripts/test area(crafters/vendors) should be that big. I look forward to the reply on this.

V/R,
Mike
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

Building Mini Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building Mini Mod   Building Mini Mod EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 3:31 pm

While such an implementation isn't too immense there is still the issue that approximately 60% of things no longer use standard nwn scripts. They require the operation of the the nwserver and nwnx programs to function. You are capable of doing so and playing single player, but essentially it requires a tremendous amount of downloads.
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
InjecterX

Building Mini Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building Mini Mod   Building Mini Mod EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 5:00 pm

How much space for just the test area (with NPCs, Boss chooser ect) plus the extra we talking? I dont need the whole module. Just enough to test character with just modifications to classes.
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

Building Mini Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building Mini Mod   Building Mini Mod EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 7:34 pm

InjecterX wrote:
How much space for just the test area (with NPCs, Boss chooser ect) plus the extra we talking?  I dont need the whole module. Just enough to test character with just modifications to classes.

Most if not all the custom coding pertains to build related things(races, classes, and items).
Back to top Go down
InjecterX

Building Mini Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building Mini Mod   Building Mini Mod EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 9:54 am

I mean like... how many GBs lol. I don't mind it being some work to make work on my end.
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

Building Mini Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building Mini Mod   Building Mini Mod EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 5:59 pm

According to the hard drive properties it's 17.7 gigs total.
Back to top Go down
InjecterX

Building Mini Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building Mini Mod   Building Mini Mod EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 9:54 am

So... with game, JUST TEST AREA, and scripts... like 3-4 GBs? If it was easier to run just full mod (so you dont have to seperate scripts to a new mod ect) then that'd be cool. Upload to NWvault or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Building Mini Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building Mini Mod   Building Mini Mod Empty

Back to top Go down

Building Mini Mod
Page 1 of 1