Badlands Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild Bases, the basis of guild pride, patriotism, and wars!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spaceman87

Spaceman87

Guild Bases, the basis of guild pride, patriotism, and wars! Empty
PostSubject: Guild Bases, the basis of guild pride, patriotism, and wars!   Guild Bases, the basis of guild pride, patriotism, and wars! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 9:15 am

There is something big missing, and it's guild bases.

I remember defending guild bases for hours at end, until a buddy logged and could take over the watch! this was important for pvp and for guilds

The right system will create some truly badass guild wars, and guild patriotism.

To be a success it would need a few ground principles. How to implement them could be quite varied

1. The principle was that the guild base would be protected based on the number of defenders, a weighted strength to make it very lengthy duration/near impossible to finish the raid if there are no defenders. The war should always favour the defenders side (It should be very difficult to successfully raid an enemy guild base if there is a defender putting in the effort!).

2. Guild Boss lair should have restricted entry numbers (eg. number of defenders +1), and the rest of the raiding party can fight up to that point, then wait as reserves.

3. The rule of cool! The bases should be populated with respawning / patrolling guards, craftsmen, and other NPCs, as well as anything else to increase the coolness of bases, like special function rooms, rooms with chests, a room ONLY accessible by that guild for private meeting, and factioned starting in their bases when they login

4. Weighting: weight a guild base at 10 keeps would be very interesting for example, for the purpose of guild competitions

I think this kind of guild pride is sorely needed, opinions?

Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Guild Bases, the basis of guild pride, patriotism, and wars!   Guild Bases, the basis of guild pride, patriotism, and wars! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 1:30 pm

If someone can create the bosses/guards I can code them in.
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
skullchild

PostSubject: Re: Guild Bases, the basis of guild pride, patriotism, and wars!   Guild Bases, the basis of guild pride, patriotism, and wars! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 4:57 pm

I would be a big fan of his being implemented.

My only suggestion would be to make the boss/spawns not rediculously op as they could take a lot of the fun away.

I think the strength of the boss in HoW was reasonable if anyone has any experience with that

+

the capture the flag component was quite fun where whoever killed the boss would gain a flag to their appearance to then be taken to their guild boss to gain the guild reward at server reset.
This player could still be killed by enemies of the defending guild to reclaim their flag (and them the boss would respawn after a period of time) or other guilds to take the guild reward for themselves.
If a guild who had captured the other flags of enemy guild had their guild boss defeated before server reset, all flags captured from other guilds would then be returned (and their bosses would also respawn).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Bases, the basis of guild pride, patriotism, and wars!   Guild Bases, the basis of guild pride, patriotism, and wars! Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Bases, the basis of guild pride, patriotism, and wars!
Page 1 of 1