Dedication to Action and fun.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Weapon Master

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Highv Priest
Admin
avatar

Posts : 497
Join date : 2012-09-13

PostSubject: Weapon Master   Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:39 pm

I'm thinking for WM that I'll make it spread out the requirements of the class and for level 20-30 add survivability and at level 30 some awesome bonus.

Required feats to level in weapon master:
1-5: dodge, expertise.
6-30: mobility, spring attack, whirlwind attack

Weapon Master leveled past level 20 gains +1 discipline per level, cannot be disarmed, and gains +12 deflection AC at 30 WM(a total bonus of +7, which equals out the loss of tumble and +3 more on top).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
lolthatguy

avatar

Posts : 203
Join date : 2013-05-05
Age : 23
Location : larry town

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Master   Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:55 pm

can they still be disarmable, or perhaps have them get that bonus at level 30 wm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skullchild



Posts : 102
Join date : 2015-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Master   Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:08 am

The +12 AC would really equate to just +3 as +5 can be added to gear and 4ac is lost from tumble.

I like the changes you're planning to make though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Highv Priest
Admin
avatar

Posts : 497
Join date : 2012-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Master   Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:42 am

skullchild wrote:
The +12 AC would really equate to just +3 as +5 can be added to gear and 4ac is lost from tumble.

I like the changes you're planning to make though

I did say this. 30 WM would be strong as is with it's ab bonus. The AC at 30 WM is just there so it isn't gimp ed.

Additionally remember that the AC being deflection means that you don't need deflection on any gear which frees up for something else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
skullchild



Posts : 102
Join date : 2015-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Master   Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:28 pm

I had an idea for WM lvl 30:

The ability to use a totem/item to either:

1. Summon an "Apprentice Weapon Master" basically a clone of the character but with some nerf i.e ? Half HP

or

2. Summon the spirit of their weapon of choice to fight along side them similar to above but the character could be made to be invisible, so only their floating weapon/s is/are seen.

The item could be brought somewhere in Vesevius or from one of the wep Smith's

Only requirement to use is lvl 30 WM

Also could it be 1-6 Dodge + Expertise Smile ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skullchild



Posts : 102
Join date : 2015-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Master   Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Has this change been implemented?

Could a WM statue be added to Oasis Resort?

Also could the expertise + dodge apply for lvls 1-6 since it is only lvl 7 that an additional bonus is applied to WM?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Highv Priest
Admin
avatar

Posts : 497
Join date : 2012-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Master   Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:30 pm

skullchild wrote:
I had an idea for WM lvl 30:

The ability to use a totem/item to either:

1. Summon an "Apprentice Weapon Master" basically a clone of the character but with some nerf i.e ? Half HP

or

2. Summon the spirit of their weapon of choice to fight along side them similar to above but the character could be made to be invisible, so only their floating weapon/s is/are seen.

The item could be brought somewhere in Vesevius or from one of the wep Smith's

Only requirement to use is lvl 30 WM

Also could it be 1-6 Dodge + Expertise Smile ??

Too powerful. Even gimped such a thing would effectively mean a single kd/stun or low AC just means you will absolutely die regardless of circumstance(except maybe crit immune).  The only way around that would be to make the summon very easy to get rid of and that ultimately defeats the point.

1-6 is what I was meaning, typo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
Highv Priest
Admin
avatar

Posts : 497
Join date : 2012-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Master   Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:34 pm

lolthatguy wrote:
can they still be disarmable, or perhaps have them get that bonus at level 30 wm?

30 WM only is fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
skullchild



Posts : 102
Join date : 2015-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Master   Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Fair enough Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Weapon Master   

Back to top Go down
 
Weapon Master
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Master Crafted weapons..
» What is your favorite weapon type?
» Master-crafted flamer?
» What is your favorite New Vegas weapon mod?
» Fallout 3 MWA (Modern weapon arsenal) - Project

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Badlands Action :: Talking about nwn :: Build Ideas-
Jump to: