Badlands Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Areas In!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
strakej02

New Areas In!! Empty
PostSubject: New Areas In!!   New Areas In!! EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 11:52 pm

Hey guys I added some new stuff. They are areas designed for lvls ~34-40 and there are two new items. A new boss and boss wep, as well as a flask that adds bless and aid! check them out. To find them, take a look around the underdark battlefield. search for the muted cavern
Back to top Go down
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

New Areas In!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Areas In!!   New Areas In!! EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 9:31 pm

Love the new areas, the spawns are cool with all the interactive effects and auras. The traps set along the caves are a nice touch as well, also the mini quest is well scripted and fun to play with.
The only slight misgiving I have is about some of the new items being added, particularly the katana and the war hammer.

Their overall damage is a bit over the top especially since most of it is rare. I'd like to see a few weapons on the server get nerfed actually.. IE the bastard sword with wounding, the double bladed axe which has slay living when in darkness and has the highest damage average on the server with no real back draws. The alternative greatsword might need some toning down as well though arguably it has only elemental damage so things with DR fair relatively well against it.

Weapons like desperation are good examples of balanced gear because they've got penalties. All rare damage, though not that high compared with other weapons + 7 eb and on the flip side -5 ac is a good way to ensure balance.

I'm gunna be nerfing one more of the swords I added to the mod so it doesn't perma stun people with low will saves. It'll still have its use for spellswords but it wont be broken.
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

New Areas In!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Areas In!!   New Areas In!! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 7:31 pm

lolthatguy wrote:
Love the new areas, the spawns are cool with all the interactive effects and auras. The traps set along the caves are a nice touch as well, also the mini quest is well scripted and fun to play with.
The only slight misgiving I have is about some of the new items being added, particularly the katana and the war hammer.

Their overall damage is a bit over the top especially since most of it is rare. I'd like to see a few weapons on the server get nerfed actually.. IE the bastard sword with wounding, the double bladed axe which has slay living when in darkness and has the highest damage average on the server with no real back draws. The alternative greatsword might need some toning down as well though arguably it has only elemental damage so things with DR fair relatively well against it.

Weapons like desperation are good examples of balanced gear because they've got penalties. All rare damage, though not that high compared with other weapons + 7 eb and on the flip side -5 ac is a good way to ensure balance.

I'm gunna be nerfing one more of the swords I added to the mod so it doesn't perma stun people with low will saves. It'll still have its use for spellswords but it wont be broken.

Part of the item update was nerfing any weapons which were still over the top. Alternative is not one of those weapons on the list(it's pretty much exactly perfect as it is, despite the large damage, it's simply perfectly on the line). Likewise the death shroud will not be nerfed outside of making it's on hit death actually CHECK if the one being hit is blinded by the darkness(instead of simply standing in it) and only creating darknesses 40% of the time(instead of every hit covering the map). Remember the backdraws of the double axe is that it doesn't receive the large weapon bonus to damage and outside of ranger is a real pain to actually use(requiring a lot of feats). Even ranger still has to take weapon proficiency exotic and be either a monk or use kevlar with enough dex to -normally- use the weapon anyway...

Name Me Pretty is having the wounding dropped in exchange for Light and +5 spot(because it's pretty).
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
lolthatguy

lolthatguy

New Areas In!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Areas In!!   New Areas In!! EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 11:52 pm

Those sound like some good changes. I think the tiny dancer light flail could also use a bit of a nerf. +7 eb on a medium weapon with FOUR 2d8's is a bit much. That's as much as the alternative greatsword.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Areas In!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Areas In!!   New Areas In!! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Areas In!!
Page 1 of 1