Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Be nice to new players; don't drive them away.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Warf-12

PostSubject: Be nice to new players; don't drive them away.   Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:11 am

Hey, if you ever read this strid, which I'm guessing might never happen, but oh well; can you like not kill new players that come to the server immediately when they go into a pvp area? No one wants to play on a server with a giant tumor who traps five feet away from area transitions and hunts down the same player over and over again who's just trying to find gear for the first time. We want people to STAY on badlands, not leave. Oh and also if you could refrain from counter logging every five seconds, that'd be cool too. I've heard a few complaints from players saying that's basically what you do and they have no other choice but to cheese, and fighting cheese with cheese gets stale at some point. Not that it's against the rules.. by any means, but it is irritating, especially at the rate I'm told you do it.

We're all trying to make the server a better place, at least I hope. People have different definitions of fun, sometimes it's hard for others to understand that. Some people like duels, some people like pve, some people like team pvp, some people like winning, and others don't mind losing(given certain circumstances). I'm guessing -you- (STRID) really really like killing people regardless of their ability to fight back; like if they don't even have haste or gear and they die and start whining heavily. You get off on that shit. I can't critique you for your interests and aspirations on being the most maleficent cyst on badlands. BUT PLEASE, keep in mind that we'll probably drive away the softer variety of players if you continue to do this.

Oh, and one other thing, can you NOT stack traps in no pvp areas? Someone said they died in the crafting forge and they've become extremely disillusioned with badlands as a result.

I might edit this later, but for now I'm sending it in. I encourage old players to guide the new ones through the server, as 99.8% of you already do. If you can't be bothered to that's fine, but please don't troll them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Highv Priest
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Be nice to new players; don't drive them away.   Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:43 am

Warf-12 wrote:

Oh, and one other thing, can you NOT stack traps in no pvp areas? Someone said they died in the crafting forge and they've become extremely disillusioned with badlands as a result.

Traps for the most part do not function in no-PvP against well... Anything(which is actually a bug I shall correct lol, supposed to just be PCs but I guess I forgot to check that). However there is some oddball traps(like spike and fire), which still could and I shall add them to the loop as well.

Code:
//:: Deadly Frost Trap
//:: X2_T1_ColdEpicC
//:: Copyright (c) 2001 Bioware Corp.
//:://////////////////////////////////////////////
/*
    Strikes the entering object with a blast of
    cold for 40d4 damage. Fortitude save to avoid
    being paralyzed for 4 rounds.
*/
//:: Created By: Andrew Nobbs
//:: Created On: June 09, 2003
#include "NW_I0_SPELLS"

void ClearTrapKill()
{
DelayCommand(1.0, DeleteLocalObject(OBJECT_SELF, "TRAPKILL"));
}

void main()
{
    //Declare major variables
    object oSelf = OBJECT_SELF;
    object oCreator = GetTrapCreator(oSelf);
    if(GetLocalInt(GetArea(oSelf), "PvPSetting") == 1)
    {
    return;
    }
    object oTarget = GetEnteringObject();
    effect eDam = EffectDamage(d4(40), DAMAGE_TYPE_COLD);
    effect eParal = EffectParalyze();
    effect eVis = EffectVisualEffect(VFX_IMP_FROST_S);
    effect eFreeze = EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_BLUR);
    effect eLink = EffectLinkEffects(eParal, eFreeze);
    if(GetIsPC(oCreator))
      {
      SetLocalObject(oTarget, "TRAPKILL", oCreator);
      SignalEvent(oTarget, EventSpellCastAt(oCreator, 900, TRUE));
      AssignCommand(oTarget, ClearTrapKill());
      }
    if(!MySavingThrow(SAVING_THROW_FORT,oTarget, 30, SAVING_THROW_TYPE_COLD))
    {
        ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eLink, oTarget, RoundsToSeconds(4));
    }
    ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eDam, oTarget);
    ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eVis, oTarget);
}
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
Wakko

PostSubject: Re: Be nice to new players; don't drive them away.   Tue May 10, 2016 9:06 am

I think pking new players is ok to a point, it makes the server feel more alive. Just need to be cautious though and not relentlesly stalk them. Once or twice a day is whatever but not following them around the whole time they are logged in killing them at every opportunity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be nice to new players; don't drive them away.   

Back to top Go down

Be nice to new players; don't drive them away.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1