Badlands Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedication to Action and fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions from me

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Max_Damage

Suggestions from me Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions from me   Suggestions from me EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:33 am

I would like to write down a couple of suggestions just so that i dont forget them. Leave your opinions on them.

1)Breach list nerfs:

Remove death ward, neg protect, freedom, clarity, mind blanks(lesser and greater), mage armors from the breach list. These buffs are v useful at times and should require a proper dispel check. otherwise a socr monk spammer with breach and fod your cleric 38 etc.

In addition to this, nerf flame arrow so that it is counted as a single level 3 spell and doesnt take breach's role of mantle removal tool. Will make breach more adequate in its role.
-------------------------------------

1a)

cap dispel chance at ~30% regardless of caster level. You will still need high caster level to properly dispel 38 casters (death ward and neg protect particularly now that the breach doesnt remove them) and a proper great dispel to handle scrolls. This fix goes very well with the breach nerf. Also, divine favor casters will say TNANK YOU! Very Happy Notice that this fix doesnt change the highest level dispelled. lvl 15 grt dispel will still dispel ~level 23-24 buffs like it does now. epic abjuration still gives it 27-28
----------------------------------------

2)Now that we all know how disc works, nerf it for everyone. Dexers should only get ~75 disc TOPS. notice that i would always take both sf disc and esf disc on a dexer and use a disc helmet. This gives 43+8(str mod)+3(sf)+10(esf)+4(helpet)+7(other gear including shield)= 75 already. Wm/hs prolly need to give only +1 to their disc bonuses. Most dexers should be getting like 75-76 TOPS with this change. seems about right. Notice i didnt include the iron sights rings in the calculation. In the face of disc changes they are completely unacceptable IMO. Only the +4 helmet and +1 rest gear is IMO acceptable, otherwise we re getting ~79-80 disc on dex toons ie the same way it is now. the 75-76 disc cap for dex toons should not be overcome ever IMO.

check dd disc bonuses. Its fine for dexer dd to have 80+ disc, but otherwise the dd bonuses just seems very excessive giving players the amounts of disc they dont rly need.

2a)Also, nerf skill bonuses from bard song but leave the curse song intact. Will make IKD game even more real after the disc rebalances.

PS unmodifired(before kd) ab vs disc reference [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (for IKD vs same sized character, in case of kd, it gets -4 nerf, also +-4 for size diffirences). This type of graph also applies to hide/ms vs spot listen and iron horn opposed checks as well as concentration vs taunt.
if you know C programming and interested in how i calculated this,
prog:

3)make owl's insight undispellable. it will serve as div shield for druids and shifters? Especially important for shifters because they cant cast spells in their forms.
-----------------------------------------

4)make shadow evade, owl's wisdom, ranger foe AC and divine shield unstackable?
Actually you should be able to do a paladin + sd + rogue/harper/bard without any trouble. And it will have both div shield and shadow evade stacking. Seems broke.
------------------------------------------

5)epic toughness. maybe impose a 1-2 cap on ac received from these feats. I will yet need to make a proper test imba build but it seems to me that ftr cot sd with emphasis on ftr/cot epic levels should be getting like +6 ac (even +10 if you really wanted) from toughness feats and another +6 ac from shadow evade. Again, the overstackability of ac seems broke in this case.
epic toughness shouldnt be a div shield number 2. it should be a choice between +2ac/dev/+1ab you need to make.

6)Increase div shield/might duration to x2, increase shadow evade duration to x3. Div shield is IMO pretty obvious, shadow evade could use a duration increase because it has only 3 uses and you can actually run out of uses pretty easily.

7)Possibly, buff terrifying rage so that it gives like -2 or -3 skills as well. I ve tested Barb rdd and i ve been getting like 66 ab 50 dc dev(52 dc including terrifying rage debuff), 67 ac(72 including rage debuff). And he doesnt even get IKD or even a simple KD. Barb tanks seem a bit lackluster atm. If i didnt take dev, i could go IKD and then, rage skill debuff would help.
-----------------------------------------

8)bg dispel doesnt stack with flame weapon. This is an engine limitation? Otherwise, would be nice to have it stacking.
Also, paladin's holy sword is completely useless. it doesnt give damage or dispel. it should be giving dispels perhaps?

9)Make spell focus abjuration and abjuration defence affect bg/pala dispel and scroll caster level?
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions from me   Suggestions from me EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 2:55 pm

1.) I can agree with a change for breach if it becomes something else, but to just nerf it would simply remove it as a spell that is used in the game.

1a.) Dispel chance caps I'm actually already playing around with, it should be updated soon.

2.) There is more to the game when it comes to all skill tactics then just this vs that. Multiple situations apply in all these cases. For instance, blindness is -4 skills and many things can blind(among them casters). Mages/clerics can negative energy burst to reduce str. Crippling strike reduces str.  Bards can curse to reduce skills. Flanking is +2 ab, which means a build with 66 ab becomes 68. In addition Iron Sights while giving a nice discipline bonus, are also a severely crippling feature that makes you an easy target for any trick builds can throw at you. However I will be making class modifications to scale discipline to more appropriate levels(crafting system will not be altered).

3.) If Owl's Insight is undispellable, it's duration must be greatly reduced.

4.) Gonna think on that one.

5.) While I can certainly see that epic toughness could potentially be scary. There is more to the tactics involved with AC then straight numbers as well. Dodge AC is completely ignored through just about anything(including standing still) and we can never forget the almighty 20's! Furthermore epic dodge while quite powerful is also only really reliable against the first attack in the round and characters have a minimum of 2 full ab attacks(note epic dodge prematurely fires when disarm/kd/called shot are used against the one with epic dodge, disarm/kd/called shot also make concealment trigger less often too).

EDIT= More after work
Back to top Go down
https://badlandsaction.forumotion.com
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions from me   Suggestions from me EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 8:10 pm

6). Divine shield's duration is the only reason I let it be 7+ AC. All other AC bonuses require way more investment or are capped much less or simply dispellable.
Agreed on divine might, I will double it's duration.
Shadow Evade's duration is doubled if you take epic shadowlord.

7). lol I have a plan for that already. It will be updated when Mighty is nerfed.

Cool. It is technically an engine limitation, but there are ways around it. I'll get to fixing it.

9). BG dispell is affected. Holy Sword is pending such a change.
Back to top Go down
Max_Damage

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions from me   Suggestions from me EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:03 am

Well there it is. I have finally figured out why my damage on BG was so-so.

Im using a Dicer scimitar and it gives 2d12 negative damage. My bg buff gives another +8 negative. The problem is, these two dont stack. Well this is an embarassment. If you fix the flame weapon + bg buff stackability could you also look into this one. If you do the neg damage as a separate damage instance it wont be multiplied by crits though >:O
Can we be getting sort of a regular way of obtaining amulets tourney weapons? Im just asking because there isnt regular tourney cycle right now, there must be some sort of way to get the gear on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
Spaceman87

Spaceman87

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions from me   Suggestions from me EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:31 am

as someone who relies on d shield and d might, usually both on same toon, I see no problem with durations, and an increase would be too easy and a bit OP imo. I would like to see them recastable over themselves though, rather than waiting for it to pop, then running to recast it.

One issue i have seen is that one becomes unusable if you use the other while equipped with a cranium basher. It used to refresh both, but now only lets you use either d shield OR d might, not both
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions from me   Suggestions from me EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:19 pm

Max_Damage wrote:

Im using a Dicer scimitar and it gives 2d12 negative damage. My bg buff gives another +8 negative. The problem is, these two dont stack. Well this is an embarassment. If you fix the flame weapon + bg buff stackability could you also look into this one. If you do the neg damage as a separate damage instance it wont be multiplied by crits though >:O
Can we be getting sort of a regular way of obtaining amulets tourney weapons? Im just asking because there isnt regular tourney cycle right now, there must be some sort of way to get the gear on a regular basis.

2d12 is actually as high as the current game goes in damage. I could add higher damages but it'd require a hak. I suppose I could just apply the damage as supernatural energy(ie divine favor) and it would no longer check negative energy protection and such.

Well yes, Castle is one I'm adding for a tournament amulet option, in addition guilds have been receiving regular amulets each competition week if they placed anything higher then 4th. I'll probably add tournament amulets as a random drop eventually(but not with randomized stats).
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions from me   Suggestions from me EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:21 pm

Spaceman87 wrote:
as someone who relies on d shield and d might, usually both on same toon, I see no problem with durations, and an increase would be too easy and a bit OP imo. I would like to see them recastable over themselves though, rather than waiting for it to pop, then running to recast it.

One issue i have seen is that one becomes unusable if you use the other while equipped with a cranium basher. It used to refresh both, but now only lets you use either d shield OR d might, not both

Interesting bug, originally it used to stack divine might on top of itself infinitely for some reason so I fixed that, I must of put a typo somewhere if it won't let divine shield/might stack.
Back to top Go down
Max_Damage

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions from me   Suggestions from me EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:49 pm

Highv Priest wrote:
Max_Damage wrote:

2d12 is actually as high as the current game goes in damage. I could add higher damages but it'd require a hak. I suppose I could just apply the damage as supernatural energy(ie divine favor) and it would no longer check negative energy protection and such.

Well yes, Castle is one I'm adding for a tournament amulet option, in addition guilds have been receiving regular amulets each competition week if they placed anything higher then 4th. I'll probably add tournament amulets as a random drop eventually(but not with randomized stats).

The scimitar is very powerful yes and 2d12 is totally fine. Actually the scim is on the level of bastard swords damage but neg damage can be protected from ofc so its fine and balanced. i just want you to know the negative damage on the weapon doesnt stack with the Blackguard's negative damage buff. So if you go blackguard + dicer scimitar you dont have +~8 neg damage from bg str, only the weapon's 2d12.

Negative energy protection is totally fine with this scimitar. Without one, its one of the most powerful 1h weapons (considering its base damage dices and crit range). With neg protection it is below average. in the end, it balances out somewhat i think.

Also sonic is funny in this regard: str tanks using dragon scale armor have 10/sonic reduction.

Things like these make weapons diffirent and a bit more complicated so its totally good.

Also take note: bg dispel on hit rolls d10 for checks. not d20.
Back to top Go down
Highv Priest
Admin
Highv Priest

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions from me   Suggestions from me EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 12:53 pm

Ah that is a good note, that's right it would count as a spellcast item. I'll be sure to add a distinction to it.
Back to top Go down
InjecterX

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions from me   Suggestions from me EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 8:39 pm

I feel like this guy cries a lot, and dies a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions from me   Suggestions from me Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions from me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Badlands Action :: Talking about nwn :: General-
Jump to: